Background and context of the initiative
The event aims to highlight the importance of the Sustainable Development Goals and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and welcomes worldwide
UNESCO Higher Education and Lifelong Learning Chairholders to participate and contribute answers to several key questions to be expanded and addressed during
the conference, such as:
· How do/can HEIs contribute to realizing the SDGs?
· What role do researchers play in the above?
· How should HE study programs be adapted to include global citizenship?
· What innovative study modalities should HEIs introduce to widen access and lifelong learning opportunities?
· What are the implications for quality assurance and quality enhancement at the institutional level?
· How can internal quality assurance of teaching and learning at the HE level be reconciled with external validation and accreditation to realize the SDGs?
· How can internationalization of HE study programs and institutions contribute to the SDGs?
· How can students and student bodies contribute to the SDGs?
· What is the role of university leaders and faculty in the pursuit of widening access to contemporary learners and learning programs?
On behalf of the co-organizers, we thank you and look forward to welcoming you to the conference.